Monday, January 25, 2010

When Will Cedar City Utah Get a Temple???

The LDS Church just announced a new temple in Utah - I'm so excited!!! However, it's not in Cedar City. It's in Payson, Utah. Good for them, the town of Payson. They are building the temple in Payson to relieve pressure from the now "most busiest" temple, Provo Temple. I asked my institute teacher if Cedar City would ever get a temple. He said not until the St. George temple is extremely busy. As of now, it's not busy. How sad. One of my New Years Resolutions is to do 50 Endowments. That means I'm going to have to go every week. If I miss a week that means I'm going to have to do two a week. That's my big goal for this year - with many others. Hopefully, with me going each week that will add some business to the St. George Temple, (the only true temple) and it will get so busy that Cedar City will have to get a small little temple, or something!!!!

If you would like to read more about the new temple go here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705360995/LDS-Church-to-build-temple-in-Payson.html?pg=1

12 comments:

Lucashell said...

It is funny that a little town like Payson would get one over Cedar City...

Anisa said...

Apparently it's true that the St. George temple isn't busy enough... I used to love my weekly initiatory visits, but working has made me stop those:(

Thayne and Jenny said...

I like the goal you have set for yourself Libby! That's great! Thayne and I have made it a goal to go at least once a month too. So far so good (considering it's only January:) But really the more thought about it and talked about it, the more we decided it would be really lame if we couldn't make the time in our lives to go to the temple at least 12 times this year! That's all it is! 12 times! It may not result in getting a temple in Cedar, but that doesn't really matter that much. I am just grateful that we DO have a temple so CLOSE. That really is a blessing. It's a little more spread out down here. People from surrounding cities go to other temples up North which bring them more "business", but really if you think about it the St. George temple serves as the only temple for quite a few miles/districts in the Southern Utah area. That's just what I was thinking about :).

Lucashell said...

You need to put your goals on the blog you and Shellie started. I tell Shellie this also.
Lucas

Anonymous said...

Great goals! An area leader explained it to us that SLC looks at the number of names extracted from each temple district. So, if you want a temple, then you need to submit a lot of names for temple work. We're trying to get one in Indiana, so everyone here is trying to do family history work.

Both Provo and Mt. Timp are ALWAYS busy. Seriously an hour wait to do initiatories, and that is normal. Sessions are always at least mostly full, and it's common to have to wait for the next session. So, I'm happy there's another one up north because they really are busy temples.

People were going to Provo from pretty far away, too. It was either there or Manti, so about 45 min. drive for the people living the farthest away. Well, I'd love a 45 min. drive now...

Lisa said...

Good for you and Good luck. I would love to go with you sometimes. By the way, I got on here to update my blog for you but now I am reading yours instead. Before the night is over it will be updated I swear!

MinDee said...

I've always wondered about that myself. We need to get ours busy for you. We'll do our part.

Anonymous said...

Ken Hedgecock said...

Allen said...

charly said...

We're getting one now!! :)

Chad Banks said...

You can see video of the Cedar City Temple announcement here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFRE0prvF4