|This picture describes my weekend!|
Lessons Learned on this wild weekend
1. Always make sure that there is lots of good music present! Wilson Phillips, Spice Girls, Marie Osmond, and of course the song, "Let's Hear it for the Boy!"
2. Bathroom breaks are only mandatory when it's time to gas up. However, it may be okay to stop at a gas station so I can talk to random people, possibly use the bathroom, buy a sandwich that will wait until the next day to be eaten, and basically stop just so I can lengthen the time on the road. ;)
3. Always remember your camera, but be grateful for an iPod (yes I finally replaced mine) that has a camera - doesn't produce the best pictures, but I'm still grateful I had something to document this road trip.
4. Only eat at restaurants that are unfamiliar, or that only exist in the town you are visiting. (We ate at some drive inn at Kanab, Brandy's, Stromboli's, and a deserted steakhouse/bar in Vermilion cliffs)
|Made Sweet Love to the best buttermilk|
pancake EVER!!! (At Brandy's, Flagstaff, AZ.)
6. Sharing an adjoining room with four people in toe lends to some funny antics, and childish acts. Playing games known as "Girl Talk," which makes you talk about your dream wedding - gag, and developing a bad case of acne!
7. Don't complain about the group of people at the restaurant who are completely loud, obnoxious, and drunk. It will only backfire when you then become the loud, obnoxious, not drunk - but people start to wonder, table at the restaurant.
8. When attending a football game make sure you have a roster of all the football players, and a smart phone so that people, like myself, can continually look for a future boyfriend and let the others enjoy the game.
9. Shopping should consist of hitting up a Goodwill store, finding books outside of Utah becomes more fun then finding the typical used LDS romance novels. I still wish I would've bought that book about people who suffer with IBS - could possibly have done a world of good on top of that darkened mountain.10. Lastly, laughing so hard your head, stomach, and butt (pops out a fart - wasn't me, just saying) hurts is definitely a prerequisite for any type of road trip. Thinking you are funny by sharing thoughts on marriage and how my future husband actually already died in the Civil War makes for some head hurting laughing. Oh, and be sure to share stories about past boyfriends and how cheap they are...always a sure fire way to make people laugh!
|The Kibby (Kyle+Libby)|
|Let's Hear it for OUR Boy - The Man!|
|The Posse, minus Auntie Cami, who graciously took all of our pictures!|
|Lisa Lou and I. Need to point out our old lady ways of |
mending and crocheting in the back seat!
All the way there, and all the way back!
|The magnificent Grand Canyon!|