Monday, April 7, 2008

Shellie - you have inspired me!

Shellie, in more ways than one you have inspired me. First off you are getting me to run this half marathon in 13 days - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Second, you have inspired me to make cinnamon rolls. I think I did it, now let's see if I can do this half marathon??? On Saturday, I began making the dough using active dry yeast. I have never even touched yeast in my life. The next day - Sunday, Jessie helped me finish off the process of rolling out the dough, sprinkling with sugar and cinnamon, and baking. As they were baking I allowed Jessie to make the frosting...I have never seen such a mess. I was like, "Jessie, what did you do - there is powdered sugar in cranny's I never knew existed in the kitchen!" She definitely had fun making the frosting, and really that is all that matters. Jessie - thanks for helping me make my first dozen of cinnamon rolls. Shellie, thank you for inspiring me to making the cinnamon rolls, and THANK YOU for getting me out and running - you are hard core for sure, and someday I hope that I can be that way also. Hey, get ready for another half marathon!!!

6 comments:

Lucashell said...

So How did they taste? I am a little confused you let the dough sit overnight then rolled it out? They look yummy? What kind of frosting did you make? I have found just buying plain old buttercream from the store is more tasty on top...
12 Days I am so excitted.
Shell

Mrs Buchanan said...

Hey what can I say, there is a reason they call me Messy Jessie, I can't help but make a mess, plus it's funny to have powdered sugar all over yourself. They were dang good cinnamon roles, very fattening. I think Cash and I both had bad stomach aches after. But, oh they were so yummy!

Logan and Sydney said...

I have always heard that they were super hard to make, that's why if I ever do make them they are Pillsbury. YUM!! If I had known you had made them, you would definately have had a visit from me! -Sydney

Anisa said...

Looks totally fattening!

Mrs Buchanan said...

Definetly. Heck the icing alone ended up having around four cups of powdered sugar in it, you know me and Libby, we like it sweet and fattening!! But what do you expect growing up with Granny's cooking!

Mrs Buchanan said...

I think blue eyes are the most popular. So Libby, it's good to know that you and I aren't the only people who prefer blue eyes.