Friday, December 7, 2012

Student Teaching Ended with a BAD Taste in my Mouth!

Done.  Finished.  Over.  Complete.  Accomplished.  Fulfilled.  Happy.  Sad.

Student teaching came to an end.  I actually am quite sad about it.  (Shocking - I KNOW!)  I was finally getting use to the whole thing of teaching.  My final day ended November 27th, 2012.  I didn't cry, but don't worry I did the day before in my Sewing class, and in front of all my students!  I don't know what came over me!  My last and final day was great, but it did leave a very bad taste in my mouth...

In all my stupidity I had told the students in my Foods II classes that I loved onions SO MUCH that I could literally eat an onion like an apple.  Well - they all wanted to see it be done.  I told them that maybe on the last day of class I would eat an onion like an apple.  I did this to prove a point as well...that point...not sure what it was...  The students always complain about the use of onions in everything we made throughout the semester.  "Miss Williams, WHY is there onions in everything!"  "I hate onions!"  "Do we have to put the onions in this?"  I would tell them yes!  Then I would proceed to tell them how much I love onions, and that I love them so much I could eat it just like an apple.  "Prove it!" they would say.  And so it was proved, on my very last day of student teaching.  As soon as they took their final test with me I left a few minutes open at the end of class to prove to them how much I love onions...Just for your information this onion eating was done two periods in a row.  I ate an onion twice people.  Two class periods in a row.  Oh my, what was I thinking...
First period...this will be nothing...so I thought...
Second period...see that look on my face...what the H did
I get myself into...
I still really do love onions, but I think I will now keep my mouth shut about loving them so much that I could eat them like an apple!

Student teaching was a grand experience.  I will never regret it, I will never forget it, and I will always treasure it.  I will truly miss the students and the teachers I was privileged to work with for the past three months.  My three teachers I had the chance to work with were wonderful.  I see that now.  (I'm such a brat - seriously someone slap me silly!)  Even on my last day they presented me with a blanket of the school colors with my name, the dates I student taught, and school name embroidered on it.  Student teaching truly was a great experience.