I have to say, I had a great Christmas, a great New Year's, and everything in-between was AWESOME! I pretty much just chilled with family - which is shocking, but I also got to see some dear friends that I hadn't seen in a while. I think that the best thing about the holidays is visiting with everyone, and of course eating. Speaking of eating I think I might go on a really long fast....
- Finished up at Christensen's wrapping gifts. Twas bittersweet, but ended on a really good note.
- Had a super yummy dinner, went Christmas Caroling and almost got frostbitten on my feet.
- Played some fun games, "Imagine If," and did some memorable visiting.
- Attended a beautiful Church program filled with music.
- Got me some good books, expensive chocolate, and kitchen stuff.
- Gave my Sis the best Christmas present ever - a LOTR Pez set. (If you don't know what LOTR stands for I will shake my head at you. I even know what it stands for, and I hate the series!!!)
- Ate some more good food, and visited with family.
|I didn't do a tree this year (at my place), so luckily my bro and his|
girlfriend put this one up and decorated it all patriotic.
|I can count on this chocolate every year. Who doesn't love chocolate|
covered orange gel???
|I shake my head at this nonsense, but this year I helped supply it!!!|
- Me and the Audra went and saw "Breaking Dawn Part 1" FINALLY! We loved every moment of it...I can't believe it took us so long to see it.
- Family from Indiana came to visit! I was wondering if they were ever going to show up - I was so anxious!
- Ate some good food, visited, watched some interesting YouTube videos, laughed, and played "Balderdash." (I feel that the game "Balderdash" can only be played with our Cousins Ethan, and his wife Libby Sr. - haven't laughed so hard in a long time.) (Side note, my Mommy bought this game at DI - best $3.00 she has ever spent!)
- We all hit up the movies (again for me), Jessie, Ethan and Kali saw "Sherlock Homes," Both the Libby's saw "Jack and Jill," and Mommy and her friend saw "Breaking Dawn." Libby Sr. and I snuck in and watched the last 20 mins of "Breaking Dawn," so now I can say I have seen it 1 1/4 times.
|Jessie and Kali - funny?|
|Thinking hard in the middle of "Balderdash." Kali, Cash, and Mommy.|
|Daddio and Me - such a funny pic of my Dad!|
|Ethan, our MC to the game "Balderdash" - his new role in life. |
Seriously, haven't laughed so hard in a while!!!
- Attended our sweet little neighbors wedding and had a grand reunion of seeing old friends.
- Visited sporadically during the week with dear friends I hadn't seen in a while, Alicia, MinDee, and Joni.
- Attended a second wedding of one of my dear co-worker from my two campus jobs.
- Had another random party at my Aunties, combined with our family and the York family. Played a lot of games, ate, and visited some more.
|A "BEAUTY" enjoying another one of my pecan pies of the holiday.|
|Ain't that a sight - I have no words for this combo!|
- Hit up the DI with Lisa Lou and bought me a new wardrobe!
- Partied it up with more family.
- Had the best meal - Cafe Rio style pork salads, but made from scratch.
- Watched a darling little 7 year old perform magic tricks. (Some even wanted him to make his little brother disappear - sad.)
- Played more games, and I finally learned how to play "Nertz" although I can't play it by myself.
- Counted down the time until midnight, said our "Happy New Year's," and then just moments after the strike of twelve my Daddio says, "Okay, can we go home now?"
|Singing their heart out with Rock Band...I did a nice rendition of|
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like a Wolf!" Awesome if you ask me!
|Sweet Little Girl....|
|Two seconds later....S-C-A-R-Y...|
|Our entertainer of the evening festivities....Brenner the Magician!|
|Everyone minus a few.|