Friday, November 26, 2010

Friends, Family, and FOOD Equal a GREAT Thanksgiving!

I'm sure Thanksgiving was just as busy for you as it was for me. My Thanksgiving festivities started last week when I got invited to TWO Thanksgiving parties. Yes, I got invited to Thanksgiving parties. Two friends of mine that are in my programat school had invited me to a feast of turkey, trimmings, and yummy desserts. Kaitlin invited me to the first one. I've now decided that I like going to parties and meeting new people, especially people who share my love for bathroom humor... Her friends were hilarious, and just fun as can be to be around. I also had an amazing dessert/salad.
Me and Kaitlin. Enjoying that yummy salad!

Grape Salad
Lot's of red, juicy grapes
Pkg. Cream Cheese
Small Container of Sour Cream
Powder Sugar to taste/like
Brown Sugar

Directions: Clean grapes place in bowl and set aside. Cream the cheese and powder sugar to thick consistency. Mix in grapes and sprinkle with brown sugar. Enjoy!

Then next shindig was on Monday before Thanksgiving. Another friend Jaime, who is also in my same program at school, had a huge blowout party with lot's of good food, and lot's of music. She also had a tasty salad that I had to get the recipe from.
Me and Jaime partying it up at her place!

Fruit Salad
8oz. Package Sour Cream
Large can of pineapple chunks
Large can of mandarin oranges
Coconut flakes (but I won't be adding this to my salad)
1 Bag mini marshmallows

Directions: Combine fruit, sour cream and marshmallows in a large bowl and stir together. Serve, and ENJOY!

Lastly, the real Thanksgiving day was spent with my family on my Daddio's side. My Aunt Rosalie took it upon herself to be in charge and it was a huge success. We had TON'S of WAY GOOD, YUMMY, WISH I HAD LEFTOVERS FOOD! We also had a white elephant game where some funny presents were given. Uncle Ron picked two pigs "porking" it, complements of Cash and Kali, Aunt Rosalie got a hard hat which was hilarious on her, and Thayne had to open several gifts just to get to two little pooping key chains. I laughed so hard at all three of their gifts. Surprisingly their gifts were the most sought after???
I first picked a cool whip dish with five $1.00 bills, but that quickly got snatched up. I ended up with two candle stick holders. Not bad. Along with white elephants gifts and gags we played some other games for quite a while which was a lot of fun too.
It's actually not me holding Peyton...I caught this picture just at the right time. Peyton is a doll!
Cash and Kali - so CUTE!
Almost the whole fam damily...just missing a few - wish you were there!

I of course made my Grandma Roberta's Pecan Pie that is HEAVENLY - made two, and they didn't even make it home. I also tried a new pie this year from the one and only Pioneer Woman. I made her Pumpkin Cream Pie, that was also a hit! I need to give a shout out to Josh on the macaroni salad that he made. Tasted just like Granny's used too. Well done Josh, well done!

Grandma Robert's Pecan Pie
1 Unbaked Pie Shell (I use my cream cheese pie crust of course!)
2 Eggs (beaten)
1 Tsp. Vanilla
½ C. Sugar
2 T. Flour
1 C. Light Karo Syrup
2 T. Melted Butter
1 C. Pecans

Directions: Mix together eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, and Karo syrup. Melt butter, and mix into ingredients. Pour in pecans and mix. Pour ingredients into unbaked pie shell. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year, and I'm glad I got to spend it with my family. Have I said how grateful I am for my family? Well, I am! Yes MOTHER, I do love and appreciate my family even though I'm pain in the butt sometimes towards you all!!!

6 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

It was nice to see a picture of Peyton and someone other than you ;)
Some of those white elephant gifts were hilarious. The pigs were the best.
I think that you need to make more pies, I didn't even get to try your pumpkin pie.

The York's said...

Aw i need that picture of Peyton!!! I truly enjoyed Thanksgiving day!!!1

MinDee said...

i love that grape salad! looks like you guys had lots of fun! you have such a fun family. i love the pic of you and jessie and summer.

Anisa said...

Totally fun!!! Thanks for letting us stay over. Cash said we didn't need to clean up... that's your job!

Lucashell said...

Looks like fun, we are hopefully going to come down next year..

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun Thanksgiving. That pumpkin cream pie looks so yummy! I will have to make that sometime soon.