Friday, July 23, 2010

So Far, I'm Surviving 30!

Turning 30 isn't so bad.

My friend Jeremy and I ran away for the weekend - kind of? We took a small town Utah road trip, ended up all over the place with no plan, but a good time was had.

We started out Saturday morning from K-town and headed north on back highways. On our way to Minersville we saw The Parowan Gap. Checked out the Gap, and then headed north to the small town of Minersville, took a left and headed towards Beaver where we ate at a yummy little burger joint. On to the cheese factory, then north bound for Manti. On our way to Manti we decided to see Cove Fort (it's been a long time). We had a cute little senior couple sister missionary take us through the tour. Bless her heart, she had a farting problem, so it was hard to keep a straight face. However, the spirit was there, and that's all that really matters.
When the tour was over it was on to Manti to do a live session for our first time. It was pretty cool, and at times put a smile on my face. Wow those temple workers are amazing. When we were all finished they showed us the amazing stair case (only three in the United States and Manti Temple has two of them).
After the temple we went to Ephraim, found a yummy pizza joint, and then saw that not very far from Ephraim in the town Fountain Green they were having a festival for sheep. Just so happened that they were doing a firework show that night. So, we drove to the small town watched the fireworks then back to Ephraim.
(Rained in Ephraim and caught a beautiful rainbow.)

The next morning we drove through lots of small towns, over the Manti/La Sal Mountains, and into the armpit town of Price. I know! Neither one of us had ever been to Price and I don't think either one of us will ever go back to Price. But, now we can say we've been to Price. We did eat at a really good Cafe in town called Ty's Cafe which was amazing, and super cheap. After our filling lunch it was time to head south for home. We drove through more small towns, took the scenic Highway 89, up over Panguitch Lake, and down Cedar Mountain.
(Some lake going over Manti/La Sal Mountains...)
(Not sure what I'm doing here...this was in Helper Utah.)

Amongst the drive down Highway 89 I got a little heavy on the gas and got pulled over. ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Luckily, the Highway Patrol Man was nice enough to just give me a warning. Woosh. That would've been very, very, very bad if I would've gotten a ticket.
On Monday my friends (in Cedar) took me to my new favorite restaurant in Cedar City called Sweet Basil (Thai food). After eating some tasty food we went out shooting - totally random, but lots of fun. Let's just say I will never shoot a gun again. I hate guns, guns scare me, guns are bad, and I hate guns. I did do a little bit of shooting but was so shaky that it wasn't very enjoyable for me. Although, I did enjoy watching everyone else shoot the guns, and there was the most beautiful sunset.
(Kyle and Camaree trying to show me how to shoot.)
Dang - what a mouth full of Birthday fun. Thanks everyone for making my 30th so memorable and enjoyable. I really appreciate all the texts, phone calls, emails, and Facebook comments. And, Sydney thanks so much for the "30 Sucks" gift. I took it to work and everyone got a kick out of it, and enjoyed all the suckers.
30 does not suck, and so far, it's been a great week of being 30!!!!! Here's to 30 more wonderful years!

10 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

See Libby, 30 isn't so bad. I'm glad that you had a good birthday. Did you and Jeremy go and elope? Is that why you two went there together? ;)

Audra B. said...

Interesting.....

Lucashell said...

Huh when you were texting me you never mentioned that your "friend" you were on a road trip was a guy.. :):):) looks like you had fun....

Anisa said...

Yea, this guy friend sounds interesting.....

Where did you stay? In a hotel?

Sydney is so creative with her gifts!!!

The York's said...

Libby you guys look really cute together I think you should HOOK IT UP!!!!! ha ha. Anyways glad you had a good time and I think a second trip would be in your best interests!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a REALLY fun birthday weekend. We haven't been to most of those places--just Parowan Gap and Manti. Utah has so many fun little towns.

I'm glad you didn't really die or commit suicide the day before your birthday. That would've been sad. Being 30 is tons of fun, so keep enjoying it!

MinDee said...

who is this "jeremy?" i want to know. not bad looking...what color of eyes does he have? ;) i'm glad you had a good b-day. you ought to be on triple D, (diners drive ins and dives) with all the yummy cafes you went to. 30 isn't so bad. you still just feel like you're 20.

Svetlana said...

I think that Jeremy kid is amazingly sexy. He looks huge, has he been going to the gym?

Evolve said...

So...i'm not gonna make a big deal of you turning 30 but i am gonna make a big deal of this jeremy guy! GIRL! If you don't get on that you know I will! LOL Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend. You know another way you can enjoy your birthday? 30th birthday on a 30 day cruise to Australia....not to make you feel bad or anything but I did just pick up a book for Australia on a budget. You will be missed for sure...alright love...enjoy.

Ray Johnson said...

Cool road trip- those spontaneous adventures are the best. Have you ever been up to Milford? I want to go there and see if they have any history/museum for the railroad station there- it was a thoroughfare for S. Utah in the 1800's and I've been doing some research on a family from Silver Reef and they had an interesting story of an explosion there in the 1880's that destroyed the station. (Long story). Keep on truckin'!

But I digress.... KLEIN HOUSE FOR ME IN 8.5 DAYS!!!! :)