Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Concert - Totally AWESOME!

On Friday, Pioneer Day (in Utah, of course), my buddy Audra B. and I went to the Secondhand Serenade concert in Sunny St. George. The opening band Parachute played, and they were awesome! However, Secondhand Serenade was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! It was a lot of fun to be in the nice outdoors enjoying a couple of great bands. We saw some friends from my old ward (Audra's current ward...and soon to be my ward again - I'm going to come back to church in St. George on Sunday's....Cedar's just not doing it for me anymore - church wise, school I'm still hanging in there...) and hung with them. The show lasted until 10:30pm and then it was time for me to go home. I had to work on Saturday morning, ugh. Oh well. I'm still kind of young, can still play late, and get up early. Not sure how much longer that's going to last though.

If anyone hasn't heard of these two bands look them up on iTunes - they're really good. Although, the wonderful radio stations of Southern Utah have overplayed one of Secondhand Serenades songs, "Fall For You," but I still enjoyed the song being played live. Hooray for July 24th!

8 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the concert. I heard that everyone and their dog were there. I really must not have a life then.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but Footloose sounds more fun. But I don't like staying up late for anything, either. Weird Al would be worth it, though. Glad to see you're still partying even though you're not in Alaska!

Lucashell said...

How Fun!

beverlibee said...

I am jealous!!! I love that band...lucky you, we never get good bands up here in the great north.

MinDee said...

Can I just tell you how gorgeous you look in your big pic above?! I heard that concert was way fun. Keep running!!!

Amy Miller said...

That was a fun night. Thanks for hanging out with us. The grass was sooo much better than those bleachers. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun...
thanks for sharing...


___________________
Melvin
We do your Marketing for best sales

Audra B. said...

That was a way fun concert. We need to do another concert soon :):) However....your left out the part about locking the keys in the car. Hahaha! I am catching up on all of your Blogging...I haven't read it in sooooo long.