Monday, May 11, 2009

Loving My Physically Demanding Job!!!

Hmmm....a train bound for nowhere, or a physically demanding job in the heat of Southern Utah???? Yup, I survived my first week of work, and I think I'm going to like being on the flower crew. However, one thing I will have to deal with this summer is some back pain. I feel like I am using muscles that haven't been used in a while, and that is why my lower back is in a little bit of pain; but as soon as I hit that pillow at 9:00pm I am whisked away to dreams, and little to no pain at all. 5:00am comes early, and the minute I start up working it all comes rushing back.We work in teams, and I am with Crystal who just got off a mission - gag for recently returned missionaries, but she has worked on the grounds previous to going on her mission. Her and I have the area of "circumference of campus." We get to have our own little truck to haul our equipment, and most day's we are pulling weeds, or planting flowers. Can I just say SUU has such a beautiful campus, but for Jessie's sake USU has a REALLY beautiful campus too! Work starts at 6:00am and goes until 9:00am where we get a thirty minute paid break, then it's off to work until 12:00pm where we get another paid thirty minute break. Back to work and then at 2:30pm we are done for the day.

I'm totally excited to be doing this for the summer, yes, I already got sunburned on my forearms, but have a nice tan, and it's only going to keep getting better! Don't be jealous! Well all, look forward to some crazy stories, they will probably only be about the gross earth worms that scare me each time I encounter one. Although, I heard today some of the other girls had a run in with a snake...I'm going to start praying I don't!!!!

6 comments:

Lucashell said...

I would not say a farmers tan is a nice tan.
Lucas

Anisa said...

Oh, the heat hasn't even started yet.

I think it would be a fun job. I love working in the yard.

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

first of all ICE your back! It does wonders....

secondly, can I say I love worms? They're my cute little friends. Sorry they gross you out. :) When you come up, you can see the worms I keep under the kitchen sink. For real!

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'm glad you are liking your physical work, you eventually get used to the pain, trust me I know. I still like the SUU campus but I'm going to wait until I see USU to really make my decision.

Michelle said...

sorry libby I know how ya feel today I picked up 66lbs kid who was very sedated so basically she was dead weight and then my next sedation weighed about 38 so I know how ya feel sorry girl lots of ice and heat!! And buy some sunscreen girl ;0)

Lucashell said...

I hear you, especially if it is windy and hot! Then you feel even worse!