Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who Needs Princess Tours!

Who needs to tour guide in Alaska - I just got a new seasonal job. I got hired on to work as part of the Flower Crew at SUU. How cool is that. I start May 4, 2009 at 6:00am. I will be planting flowers, running power equipment, cleaning sidewalks, pulling weeds, and of course watering. Or as my sister likes to say - "Get'n Dirty!" The job is 40 hours a week, working 6:00am to 2:30pm. I'm so excited, and so glad that I was able to find a job to earn some money over the summer.

So, who needs Princess? By the way, if any of you were interested in knowing about the whole Princess ordeal, it's done. Well Folks, I'm trying to let it go. I'm not going to write a letter because it won't do me any good, in any way. I've come to realize that part of the reason we were sent to earth was to hurt people and be hurt, and that is why we get to learn the great principle of repentance and forgiveness. Yeah, getting kind of spiritual right now? Also, not forgiving always leads to the most unfavorable character known as, PRIDE. We don't want pride, pride is bad. As President Ezra Taft Benson once said, and has so famously been a huge topic of discussion in the Mormon Religion, "Beware of Pride." Did you know that pride is a form of not forgiving another who has wronged you. You probably did, because you all seem one step ahead of me! With that said - I'M TRYING PEOPLE, I'M TRYING...I'm going to let this go, and I promise - you will not be hearing anymore about Princess, at least in a negative way!

Did I tell you I GOT A NEW JOB FOR THE SUMMER, I GOT A NEW JOB FOR THE SUMMER...Planting flowers - Yeah Buddy!

4 comments:

Lucashell said...

Congrats on the job, how fun!

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'm very happy for you, I'm just curious to see what you look like with dirt under your nails. I bet that I still get dirtier than you. But what else is new, they do call me Messy Jessie.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I did Grounds Crew at BYU for one day. I thought it would be so fun planting flowers and such. Didn't happen. I was assigned to a part of the campus that had NO FLOWERS. I just used power tools, and I hated it. I love gardening, but I hated big, loud equipment. I hope your job ends up being all that I had wished mine had been.

Alisha Green said...

What a fun job Libby! That's great!