Saturday, March 8, 2008

I've been on a Mousse Hunt

Recently I just returned from a Mousse Hunt, and it was Delicious. Ever since Applebees came out with those new little desserts known as a "mousse shot", and others, I have died and gone to heaven.Although, as I have traveled around I have tried some tasty desserts in my time. In fact, in Anchorage there is a restaurant known as "The Glacier Brew House" and they have one of the most decadent,and tasty desserts known as the Peanut Butter Pie.That Peanut Butter Pie is a whole other blog, so let me get back to my Mousse hunt! I have been searching websites of recipes to find just the right one and I found it. It's pretty darn close to what I get at Applebees. I added the broken Oreo's and of course whip cream and it turned out rich and divine.

Here is the result of my quest:

Marvelous Chocolate Mousse
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons milk
6 egg yolks
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
2 cups thickened cream

Place chocolate and milk in a heat proof bowl, set over a saucepan of boiling water and stir constantly until melted and smooth (mixture will be quite thick).
Remove and cool slightly. Place yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, until thick and creamy.

Beat cream with an electric mixer in a bowl then gently fold through chocolate mixture with a spatula until just combined.

Spoon into 12 x 1/2 cup capacity dishes and chill for 4 hours, until set. Serve with fresh berries if desired. (Or copy Applebees and add crumbled Oreos and Coolwhip)

Serves - 12 Preparation Time - 15 minutes Cooking time - 5 minutes Chilling time - 4 hours. It really does make a lot so make sure you are having plenty of people over!!!

4 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

Sounds delicious but I'm too lazy to even try to make it.

I'm so glad that you are back to blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucashell said...

I will be sending the cinnamon roll recipe.. Sounds good
Shell

Anonymous said...

Sounds fairly easy and very decadent!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Add this recipe to your lesson plans. You could have a little sweat shop in a local middle or high school and market it! Let me know when you're in St. George, k?