Saturday, December 29, 2007

Blind Date...Should I Quit???

My cousins, Logan and Sydney were so kind to set me up on a blind date last night. Needless to say, he's not "the one". Dinner was nice and I got a FREE MEAL, which I will definitely recommend the shrimp at Applebees - very tasty...sadly that was the only tasty thing that entire two hours (besides Logan and Sydney's company)!!! Now this is funny, but just as we are picking him up Sydney turns around and tells me that he is not very attractive, I was like Thanks. I want everyone to know that I did try to act interested, be friendly etc. but HE DIDN'T EVEN ACT LIKE HE WAS TRYING! I tried to talk to him, to ask him questions, be friendly, and in return I got nothing...maybe an occasional head nod to at least let me know he was some what paying attention to me! The only conversation that went on that whole two hours was between him and Logan. Which was fine with me after I realized that this wasn't going to go anywhere I sat back and enjoyed my very fine and tasty shrimp. Logan and Sydney, thanks for "setting me up" and if you have someone else in store, well...what the heck I'll do it again!

6 comments:

Lucashell said...

Nice that Sidney waited untill the last second.

Ron and Debbie said...

Well, look at it this way. You are finding out what you don't like right off but sometimes people have to grow on you and also, sometimes the first impression can be way off.

Lucashell said...

hi ornery nameless lady

Lucas

Mrs Buchanan said...

I've had a couple of dates like that so I completely understand. I'm single if anyone has any cute guy friends!! Hint-hint!

Lib-Dawg said...

So I read Logan and Sydney's comments or BLOG!!! I happened to read it when they were in the same room! No hard feelings - but Lucas I get your whole "ornery nameless lady" stuff. I'm really a nice person...I'm just a little picky and yes, I am shallow, but I'm trying to work on that!

The York's said...

libby libby libby. it was nice for them to set you up, dont complain, just keep plugging along and realize that not every date you go on is gonna be a good time or the love of your life! ---klint