Friday, November 16, 2007

Taking Care of Myself and Exercise!!!

Lately I have not been taking much care of myself...not quite sure why? Some could say depression, but I will just say pure LAZINESS! I'm so pleased with myself because the past two weeks now I have gotten up and gotten myself ready for the day. Before I was just rolling out of bed and wearing jeans, a hoodie, and a baseball cap - not flattering. I think the breaking point happened when I was driving home and Summer passed me on the road - I immediately got a phone call from her saying that she wanted to burn the "damn" hat that I was wearing. First I was stunned that she knew what I was wearing - she then informed me that she just passed me...HELLO?!?! I then got a talking to from her about how I need to take care of myself and look presentable, and then she proceeded to say that she didn't want me to be lonely. Ohhh...how kind! I decided it was time to make some changes!

Let me say this - from observation...since I have gotten up each morning and got myself ready I have noticed a difference in doing things throughout the day. I have been getting more done in my homework, in doing house work, and just more energy. The day's I haven't gotten ready I was more lazy and didn't care! Neat observation in my book!

Also, I have had some great inspiration from some family members (Anisa, Shellie, Summer...to name a few) who have lost lots of weight, toned up, and who have a daily exercise routine. Well, you have inspired me! I have been going to the gym everyday this week with Summer when she can make it, and I feel like I have been working out like crazy. It feels SO GOOD!!!

To summarize everything - my point is that I am going to keep my blog up with updates on my exercise routine! I read some where that it is a great way of staying motivated when everyone reads your blog. There you have it! I'll keep you posted on my exercising!!!

4 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

Libby, not only are you a card, you are a pretty darn interesting and clever writer as well. Only problem I see is your use of the apostrophe before the 's' when you shouldn't use it. (One of my pet peeves)

Oh, in Webster's a card is: "a person who attracts attention by his WIT, eccentricity, etc."

Lucashell said...

so is Deb trying to get back at everyone for criticizing her news leter. Also, You for got about the most important, Lucas has lost 40lbs (mom not ") Shellie and Summer just had to lose baby weight.(ha ha)

Lucashell said...

All I can say is it does the body good. I am so proud of you-I have always loved working out it puts me in the best mood. I only get to work out 1.5 hours a day I wish I could do more, but soon I will be chasing Legz everywhere that will be great. The only down side is that when women lose weight we also loose boobs it really sucks, I am so glad for boob jobs can't wait for mine when I am done having kids.
Shell

Anisa said...

I hear ya. When I don't exercise I'm evern more ornery with the kids than I am on the days that I do exercise. That is the only reason I am posting at 7:00 am on a Saturday. I'm off to train with Jill.