Friday, April 9, 2010

I Was Really Teaching!

Today was an exciting day in my College Career. I say College Career because you all know I've been going to college F-O-R-E-V-E-R, and it's just for a bachelors degree!!! I know, I know, I've been going so long I should have my PhD. Well, I don't, so don't judge.

One of my final projects for my Curriculum Development Class is to teach a new thing/technique to the Family Consumer Science Teachers in this region of Southern Utah. (Today was their Regional In-Service.) My group and I decided to teach about using media (new technology/programs) in the class room. We put together a wonderful PowerPoint, I created a video using iMovie - since I love Mac's; and then one of my group partners put together a video using Windows Media Software. Since I'm a Mac lover, and user, I got to teach the Teachers about the wonderful things Mac (Apple) has to offer, and show a quick demonstration on how I made my video. I put together a video on "How to Boil an Egg." I have found a new hobby in life - creating videos. I love making videos; personal, and "how to" videos, that I will FUR SURE use in the classroom...when I do graduate. Which is going to be SOON!!!

I just wanted to share that it was a lot of fun to teach today. I enjoyed every minute. I also wanted to share that even though I have been going to school such a LONG time I have made some truly wonderful friends, and love each of the girls I work with in this FCS ED (Family Consumer Science Secondary Education) program. It will be a bittersweet day at graduation when I'm not going to see these girls, and we all go our separate ways. Such is life - things change. I also want to share how wonderful my Professors have been, and how grateful I am for them, and their dedication they have been to teaching, and helping me progress.
Back Row: Me, Tiffany, Jamie, Angie, Rae (our Professor)
Front Row: Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, and Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having fun! Ethan and I call it the "Teaching high," like a drug buzz but in a good way. Glad you're experiencing it!

mindee said...

love the video (well done!) and so glad you're enjoying your career of college. you can never stop learning, so you're doing great! by the way...may 1st...ivins 10k or 5k, which should we do? we can sign up at the city office. i could do yours for you, if you want me to. let me know.

Lucashell said...

I guess not having internet I have missed a ton of posts,,, your hair is getting so freaking long I love it... I am going to miss you this weekend the salt lake half won't be the same without you... :(