Saturday, June 6, 2009

Podcasts are PHAT! That's "PH!"

Lately, when I get online I spend the majority of my time looking at different podcasts. What are podcasts? I once heard a podcast described as "frozen talk radio." Basically podcasts are people who have put together these 5 minutes (or shorter) to 1 hour (or longer) talk shows that you can listen to. Some you can even watch. I have found a few series that I love to listen too, and can't wait to listen too. As I am gardening at work I turn on my ipod and listen, and learn. I almost feel smarter for the things I have been listening too. Be careful, once you get hooked on podcasts your ipod will fill up! No worries, once you listen to the podcast you can delete it and have more room for another. Most podcasts are updated daily, weekly, or whenever. I even bore my testimony to Jessie about podcasts, and SHE JOINED! (They have several Twilight Podcasts...Not a fan if you ask me???) They are so great to listen too, and even help the time fly by! Did I mention THEY ARE FREE!!!!

Here's a list of my favorite!

The Daily Boost
Fit Girl: Your Guide to Getting in Shape
Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips For Better Writing
Happiness Through Self Awareness
Inside Out Weight Loss
LDS General Conference (It only has all conference sessions back to April 2004)
Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life
BYU: Most Recent Devotional and Forums
New York City History: The Bowery Boys
NPR: Fresh Air Podcast
NPR: Story of the Day Podcast
The Nutrition Diva's Quick and Dirty Tips For Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous
Photography 101
Recipe for Happiness
E! The Soup Video
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Stuff You Should Know
How Stuff Works
60-Second Psych
Amateur Traveler
E! Chelsea Lately Video

Join the club - I know you won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NPR: This American Life podcasts. Love 'em. Never miss 'em. Just go to www.thisamericanlife.org. They are what got us through so much driving between Utah and Indiana. By the way, we DID want to come visit you, but I was only there for 4 days, and Ethan had time to visit either you guys or Sally. Sorry, he picked Sally. Our next Utah trip will definitely include our Southern relatives.

Some of those other podcasts look cool. I will definitely check them out.

Anisa said...

this seems like a ryan thing... i don't have the time to listen to stuff like this... or an ipod.

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

found some chemistry ones for you!
http://distillations.chemheritage.org/?p=32
http://hatakappodcast.blogspot.com/
http://www.corporate.basf.com/en/podcast/innovation.xml
http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podcasts/21684

There's something out there that will help you love chemistry more! You just haven't found it yet. ;)

Lucashell said...

Logan introduced me to the whole PODCAST world :)

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'll admit that I am hooked now. They do help the time fly by.