Saturday, June 20, 2009

My FIRST EVER Fruit Pie, I'm Totally Impressed!

I owe this friend of mine a dessert, long story short I'm an idiot, and I'm in hopes that I can smooth over my stupidity. My friend chose blueberry pie. I thought to myself, "Self, you make a smashing Blueberry Dream Pie, make that!" Blueberry Dream Pie is like a cheesecake with blueberries on top. No, no, this friend wanted a "homemade" blueberry pie. Blueberries + pie crust = blueberry pie the way my friend likes it. I started a search on my favorite recipe site EVER, All Recipes. I searched blueberry pie and found the pie with the most ratings, and highest number of stars. I printed it out and began to bake away. The recipe that I found only used a pre-made crust. Since I'm trying to impress I made my famous crust from scratch. A few of you have heard of it. The cream cheese crust - fatty, yet DIVINE!

Cream Cheese Pie Crust

Ingredients

8oz. Cream Cheese, softened

1 ¾ C. Flour

½ C. Unsalted Butter

Directions

At medium speed in food mixer mix well-softened cream cheese, flour, and butter. Mix well occasionally scraping down the bowl. Wrap dough into a ball and chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight. On floured surface, thinly roll out ball of dough to about one quarter inch thickness and round enough to fit a 8-0” pie pan or tart pan. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven until dough is golden, about 20-30 minutes.

After making my heaven sent pie crust - which I learned on my mission, I began to make the filling of this pie from the recipe found on All Recipes.

I really hope my friend loves this homemade blueberry pie, made especially for Him. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, or at least that's what I'm hoping will smooth over my stupidity.

4 comments:

Mrs Buchanan said...

Looks and sounds yummy!

beverlibee said...

Who is this male friend that you are willing to go to all that trouble for? Someone you would like to be more than just friends perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Well, she capitalized "Him," which means its a god, so this guy must be someone really special...hehehe

The pie looks so yummy! I always make your famous crust now. I don't waste time on other crusts that are not nearly as tasty as yours. I will be ever grateful to you for this recipe!!!

Anisa said...

Wow, fancy.