Monday, June 16, 2008

My German Hunk

We picked up a group of people from the ship once again to take them to Denali. It's not my favorite thing to take people from the ship to the park because they are always a boring group. On this day we had eight tables full of Germans, a whole family. Some of them didn't even speak very good English, and to top it off they were not very pleasant - at least for the first two hours. However, we both warmed up to each other and became fast friends.

In this party of Germans there was a young man traveling with them who turned out to be 21, unfortunately. He was so nice and fun from the very beginning. As we got closer to Denali we went through the town of Talkeetna which is a party town and I always tell people about the festivals they hold here, one being a "Bachelor Auction" and since my whole tour is based on the fact that I am "27 and Single" the "Bachelor Auction" just adds to my desperate search to find a man! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BEING SINGLE, but the passengers love trying to play "matchmaker" especially between Noel and I. (Example: one mom was traveling with her 35 year old son and she purposely spilled his drink, came running up to me and tells me her SON had spilled his drink, can you go help him clean it up, oh and by the way he is single and has a great job - that was the most awkward and embarrassing thing yet.) Sometimes they catch me though, and realize that this whole show is just for show... Okay back to my original story about the hunky German! As I tell about the "Bachelor Auction" he yells out to me, "Libby, would you buy me?" I of course tell him and all the passengers that I would buy him in a heartbeat! Then he proceeds to ask me how much money I have on me. I tell him I only have about $25.00 he said that would be enough! Okay - SOLD!

My hunk of a German got off the train that day, but without a hesitation he gave me a nice long hug at the bottom of the stairs just before he told me good bye. Auf Wiedersehen you sweet German boy!

5 comments:

Lucashell said...

Your pretty funny!
Shell

Anisa said...

He is a cutie! 21... a little too young!

Klein said...

So whens the wedding? And if there is none... send him to my place as a "foreign exchange" student. And make sure he packs his speedo in his suitcase.

Mrs Buchanan said...

You should have given him my number, he's really cute. Did he have a hot accent?

Anonymous said...

Do you get Germans a lot? I could tell you some sexy German things to say...

Use the word "geil" (soft g and long i) a lot. You'll find out soon enough what it means.