Friday, January 25, 2008

A New Favorite FOOD!

I just found this recipe the other day online and tried it out with dinner. Oh my goodness - it is so good! I figured since everyone seems to be on a food kick, myself for sure, I would post this new favorite recipe. The only problem, after trying this new recipe that I will tell you about shortly...I have been telling everyone, and everyone that I am telling doesn't like sweet potatoes. Hopefully you will like sweet potatoes and give this recipe a try. This recipe is not a "sweet" dish, it is the exact opposite, oh but it's a tasty one! It is so quick and easy, and makes a nice side dish for about any meal. Not only that, but I hear that sweet potatoes are a lot healthier for you than potatoes. I just love the color that they are, and I am all about making a meal very colorful when I cook!

Sweet Potato Dish
3 Large Sweet potatoes peeled and cut in to 1 inch squares.
2T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) or regular oil.
Dash of garlic salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of oregano
1 half large white onion diced. (optional)
1 clove of garlic. (optional)

In 9X13 pan place EVOO then toss in cut sweet potatoes mix together so sweet potatoes get coated with the oil. Then toss in onion, garlic, and sprinkle with garlic salt, oregano, and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 60 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Then enjoy this bright and tasty side dish! Goes great with chicken!

4 comments:

Ron and Debbie said...

I love sweet potatoes! Do you cover it with a lid or foil when you bake it?
Debbie

Lucashell said...

Sounds good-Is that what your making for the Super Bowl Party?
Shell

Anonymous said...

We love sweet potatoes. We've done something like this before. We experiment with potatoes/sweet potatoes tossing them in oil and various spices. Paprika is good on them. It's really fast and easy. But sweet potatoes are so annoying to chop. That's my one complaint.

Anisa said...

I had some sweet potato chips the other day. They were really good. I'm going to try to make them tomorrow for Sunday dinner. Supposedly you just slice them thin. Spinkle EVOO on them and course salt. And bake for 20-25 minutes. We'll see what happens.